Community Action Inc. announces food assistance services available in Rock and Walworth counties.
The Emergency Food Assistance Program is a federal program that provides food assistance to low-income households through the distribution of food commodities from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Services. The Emergency Food Assistance Program is a supplemental food assistance program that is designed to work in combination with other assistance programs to maximize and target limited food and funding resources. Community Action Inc. is one of 16 Emergency Feeding Organizations administering the distribution of The Emergency Food Assistance Program commodities to food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters. The program is supported by funding from the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services.
Organizations interested in learning more about participating in The Emergency Food Assistance Program program in Rock and Walworth Counties should contact Judy Madsen, 1545 Hobbs Drive, Delavan, WI 53115, email@example.com or call 728-8296 Ext. 202 or (800) 424-8297.
Food is distributed through these locations in Walworth County:￼
• Delavan – The Harold Johnson Food Pantry at St. Andrew Catholic Church, 714 W. Walworth Ave., 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday or on emergency call, contact Robert Drefs, 728-6567;
• Walworth – The Big Food Emergency Food Pantry, P.O. Box 209, 111 Fremont St., 2 to 4 p.m. Friday and 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday and on emergency call, contact Jack Meredith, 275-3252;
• East Troy – the East Troy Food Pantry, 2861 Austin St., P.O. Box 233, 7:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesday and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday and on emergency call, contact Delane Campa, (262) 642-4357;
• Elkhorn – Elkhorn Food Pantry, 14 W. Geneva St., 9 to 11 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, contact Betty Felten, 723-6359;
• Lake Geneva – the Lake Geneva Food Pantry at First Congregational United Church of Christ, 715 Wisconsin St., 9 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, contact Jean Benedict, 248-2337; and W.C. Resource Center, 3252 County Road H, 2 to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday, contact Jim Drescher, 348-0600;
• Sharon – the Sharon Food Pantry, 125 Pearl St., 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday and on call; contact Donna Brooke, (262) 736-9286
All listed pantries can provide assistance with accessing food in the event of an emergency outside of regular hours. Contact information in case of an emergency can be found posted on the individual pantry’s entrance door.